Keywords List for Your Website that Convert Traffic Into Customers
You’ve heard about keyword research, but what does it really mean? In this article, we’ll explain exactly what keywords are, why they’re important, and how to use them effectively on your website.
Keywords are words that people type into search engines when looking for information online.
They’re often used by webmasters to optimize websites for specific searches.
The Importance of Keyword Research
If you want to make sure your site ranks high in Google, Bing, and other search engines, then you need to do some keyword research.
This means finding out what people are searching for and using those terms as keywords for your site.
Why Keywords Matter
Keywords are words or phrases that people type into a search engine when looking for something online. They help search engines understand what kind of web pages users are interested in.
So, by knowing what people are searching for, you can better optimize your site so it shows up at the top of search results.
How to Find the Right Keywords
There’s no one right answer for finding the perfect keywords, but there are some general guidelines to follow.
- First, make sure your keywords are relevant to your business. If you sell shoes, for example, you wouldn’t choose “shoes” as a keyword because it’s too broad. Instead, you’d pick more specific terms like “running shoe.”
- Second, avoid using generic keywords like “shoes,” “clothing,” or “business.” These keywords will turn up in searches for lots of different businesses, so they won’t help you stand out.
- Third, try to find keywords that are short and easy to spell. This makes it easier for people to type into a search box.
- Fourth, avoid using keywords that are too competitive. People who are searching for those keywords might also be searching for other companies offering similar products or services.
- Finally, keep an eye out for new trends. As technology changes, so do the ways people search for things online. For instance, if you sell clothing, you might notice that people are starting to search for “jeans” instead of “pants.”
Using Keywords to Increase Conversions
Once you’ve found the right keywords, you need to figure out how to incorporate them into your site. One of the easiest ways to do this is through meta tags.
Meta tags are small snippets of text that appear at the top of a web page. They tell Google and other search engines what each page is about.
To add meta tags to your pages, go to your WordPress dashboard and click on Settings > Writing. Then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select the option to Add Custom Fields.
Next, enter the name of the field (in our case, keywords) and then paste in the keywords you want to use. Click Save Changes when you’re done.
How to Measure Success with Keywords
If you’re looking to measure success with keywords, there’s no better place than Google Analytics.
It’s free, easy to set up, and gives you a lot of insight into how people find your site.
First, log into your account.
Then, under Acquisition > Search Terms, you’ll see a list of keywords that visitors used to arrive at your site.
This will give you an idea of where your traffic comes from, as well as what keywords are driving traffic to your site.